Monday, September 20, 2010

Gotta love the fall

You've gotta love the fall. Or autumn, whatever you call it. You've gotta love it.

I mean, any hijabi should love it- anything can be made to be worn with hijab, or already is hijabified. (sneakkkky sneaky designers, i know)

So, the one thing i cannnnnot wait to be able to wear every single day is my blazer. I already got away with wearing it twice this month, because i really am dying to wear it, but it's about 113 degrees over here in Cali. It just isnt practical for now.

I currently have two, one navy and one black, and they're both pretty much the same cut. The black one is kinda boxy though, which is why now I'm loving the navy one.

I was in love with the black one just for that reason, the whole boxy effect, and I still am, but I just got the navy blue one, hence the infatuation.

It's a longer, slimmer cut, hits right at my fingertips actually. Which is greatttt, since I'm pairing it with a pair of skinny jeans, it's all about proportions, and I don't want my booty all out there (hint hint, nudge nudge)

Both times I wore it with kinda skinny jeans, black flats, and a bright sleeveless shirt underneath.

Both times the shirts had some kind of ruffles or pleats, which I love in shirts. Especially silk, flowy ones. How pretty, and especially with that pop of color, loveeeeee. Remember to make sure the neckline is not high.

Nothing ruins a look for me like a high neckline.

I think high necklines make a girl looks like she's being suffocated by her hijab, and makes her head look very big, her face veryyyy tiny, and her chest very boxy and big.

It throws off the whole flow of the outfit, the proportions, and ultimately makes a girl look bigger than she is.
If it's too low, that's fine, pin it in with safety pins, it will look much better than a high neckline.
I wore a white Amira hijab with these, and i usually stick to either white or off white hijabs. Either a wrap around scarf with an Amira piece underneath, or a full on Amira.

I like the clothes to do the talking, not necessarily a colorful hijab.

Ohhhh, and with the pleats, ruffles, the bright colors, and all the contrast, there really was no need for a necklace. I really wanted to showcase the shirt. Buttt, you will never find me without a ring.

Rings are our friends :)

aghhhhh, FYI don't do dishes in silk fuchsia shirts. Mine's still at the dry cleaners.

I'm going to try and incorporate as many things as I can from my actual wardrobe, and when i can, I'll post pictures of my actual outfit.

This purse is a Steve Madden satchel.

The yellow sleeveless shirt is from Forever21, and is a halter top (that's what the whole loopy thingy is).



No comments:

Post a Comment